A new feature in 2017…monthly Top 10 lists. Woot.
This time, my top 10 is in no particular order.
- My kids. Can’t quantify the pride I feel as I watch them grow. Incredibly proud of the young men and women they are becoming.
- Putting priority on my marriage, when it’s way too easy to get caught up in kids, day-to-day stuff, etc.
- Choosing to do what I love – writing – even with the obstacles.
- My persistence.
- Making the daily decision to love myself – as I am now, not thinner, more successful, etc – and take care of myself. A hard won battle each day but very proud of it.
- Pushing play and exercising regularly. I will never be one to love working out. That just isn’t me, but it’s still something I do for me, and I like how I feel because of it (just not during!) And I am proud because it’s all too easy to make excuses…
- Doing things for me. And not like the time to shower uninterrupted. LOL Like big things…for me. For example, traveling to the UK & Ireland with my mom and SIL this past fall. In the past, I’d have felt selfish and never would have dreamed of doing it. But I did it (mostly) guilt free and had the most amazing time.
- Finding a way to be organized (and keep my head on straight) that actually works for me – Bullet Journaling. Though admittedly it’s still a work in progress but I’m doing it regularly and it’s working.
- I’m proud of every book I’ve written and published. But if I had to choose one project I’m particularly proud of, it would be my Albion’s Circle series. These are the books that made me fall in love with writing again, that pushed me out of my cozy and warm zone of comfort.
- That I’m still here. That I didn’t (and don’t) give up. I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. Still struggle with it. But damn it, I’m still here. I’m still fighting.