Taking a look back over the last year…
My writing goals for 2015:
- Continue to blog weekly – 3x/week. Kept up with this most of the time. Between when #MerlinClub ended and #LegionXIII began, not so much, and over the summer, I fell of the blogging wagon as I came up against some deadlines. But I continued to blog regularly – have blogged 66,167 words this year – and I count that as a win.
- Write daily. Even if it’s only 100 words. This is essential. This was hit and miss with me. I had periods where I was doing so well, but then something – getting sick, being on vaca, whatever – would happen and I’d be derailed. That being said, I’ve written 201,171 words this year.
- Complete Albion’s Circle. This did not happen. To be fair, the series ended up with 5 books planned, rather than 4. But I only wrote 1 this year, and have 2 more to write.
- Write at least 2 new erotic romances – This one I totally did! I actually wrote 4 erotic romance this year, so this one is checked off!
- Write at least 2 new new adult books – Only did the 1 Albion’s Circle book. 🙁
- Be healthier – that’s vague but it basically means move more and eat better. Should be easy but it never is. I call success on this one. Am I in the shape I want to be? No, but I am moving more and eating better, so SUCCESS!
- Be more mindful of family time – the kids are growing up and time with them is way important. As is time spent with the hubby, of course. 🙂 I could be better with this, I’ll admit, but I have been more mindful and will continue to be.
- Get my house in order. :-/ Not 100% on this but I have made great strides. WIll keep working on this one.
So not the BEST showing for the past year, but I did better than the year before, so I’m going to be positive about it. I’ve made progress, I’ve learned so much about what works for me and what doesn’t.
So here we go… Goals for 2016
- Continue to blog weekly – 3x/week.
- Legion XIII and whatever comes after that
- Wednesday Randomness
- Flash Fiction peices
- Write daily. Do writing sprints to make this happen. Check in and be accountable.
- Complete last 2 books of Albion’s Circle.
- Write at least 4 new erotic romances.
- Continue to improve with the healthier living – moving more, eating better, GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP!
- Be even more mindful of that family time. Blink and it passes so quickly.