Happy Wednesday! The last Wednesday…the last day, period, of 2014. How did that happen??
So, this week, we’re posting our goals for the coming year. Yeah, that’s not intimidating at all. o.O
For me, to set some goals, I had to take a look back at what I accomplished this year, compare that to what I set out to do, and evaluate. The goals I set for myself for 2014 were pretty loose and vague. I wanted to blog more and publish some books. Seriously, those were my 2 “goals”. *sigh*
Well, I did blog more, so that’s a win. Between Merlin Club and Wednesday Randomness posts, I’ve consistently blogged twice a week this year. So yay me. I count that as a win.
And I did publish some books. That, alone, means I made my (super pathetic) goal – even if some of the book were re-releases. I was a bit down on myself but then realized that what I accomplished this year was actually pretty awesome. I stretched myself and went way outside my comfort zone. First, I wrote a new adult book. Waaaaay outside, my friends. And I loved it. You know, after I stopped obsessing and freaking out. And secondly, I self-published for the first time. That was a daunting endeavor for me, but I did it successfully.
So I’m giving myself permission to be happy with the year we’re putting to bed. Now, onto the next.
I’m not going to list every aspect of my goal making here – because it’s on a level of insanity, my friends. I’m trying to set very specific and quantifiable goals this year, both short-term and long-term. This list, however, will be more general, but a world above “blog more and publish some books.” LOL
- Continue to blog weekly – 3x/week.
- Merlin Club continues for the first third of the year. After that…we are making plans. 🙂
- Wednesday Randomness posts will continue.
- I’ve also some new blog projects that are meant to stretch and challenge me as a writer and hopefully provide some entertainment to readers as well.
- Write daily. Even if it’s only 100 words. This is essential.
- Complete Albion’s Circle.
- Write at least 2 new erotic romances
- Write at least 2 new new adult books
- Get new business venture off the ground.
- Be healthier – that’s vague but it basically means move more and eat better. Should be easy but it never is.
- Be more mindful about family time – the kids are growing up and time with them is way important. As is time spent with the hubby, of course. 🙂
- Get my house in order. :-/
And there you have it – my goals for 2015 🙂
Go check out what the other ladies are aiming to accomplish in the coming year!
Until next week!