Well, I was not looking forward to this post. I was coming at it, thinking, Well shit, I didn’t really accomplish anything at all this month. Another cruddy month in a line of them. That train of thought didn’t change when I looked back at my goals for the month:
- All August blog posts—This is one I can say I absolutely did. So that’s good.
- Write daily—Not so much. I wrote but not daily.
- Kick word count ass the week I’m at Bron’s house—Ha! Did not kick word count ass at Bron’s. Not at all.
- Keep up on house and self-care stuff—Did okay here. Not 100% and not where I want to be, but doing okay.
So definitely wasn’t doing so well this month, that was for sure. Yeah, I was in full pity-party mode.
But when I said as much, via text, to the Bron, she wouldn’t let that stand – because she is an awesome friend who doesn’t put up with my whiney, down-on-myself ass. This is the response I got:
Not true. You had a vacation, went to a con, did panels, had fun, stayed at my house and didn’t buy washi, wrote some, went to the evil dentist twice and fucking survived!
You survived dealing with another fucking international trip, sending your kid off to college…no, two trips…
YOU RERELEASED THOSE BOOKS, BITCH
And she’s right. Just because I didn’t absolutely hit those four things from last month’s list doesn’t mean I didn’t accomplish anything.
I did have a great vaca and vist to Bron’s. The con we went to was amazing, and I did panels, even though public speaking makes me want to vom, and think I did pretty all right on them. I didn’t spend copious amounts on washi or other bujo/planner accessories that I don’t need (but are oh so pretty and I wants them).
The evil dentist…I did survive those traumatic experiences (and to be fair, my dentist is a lovely woman who has, for some reason, chosen this career path…but I have issues with dentists in general and isn’t something I’m getting over any time soon, apparently).
I edited over 200K this month (a couple times over as most of those manscripts I did two rounds on).
I survived the 17 year old traveling internationally without me for most of the month (she is home now and had a wonderful time! Such an awesome experience for her!). Am still surviving…dare I say succeeding day to day…while the hubby is on another international trip for work.
And I did send my oldest off to college. It’s not his first year, but he lived at home while attending community college the last couple years. Now, he is at a larger university and has moved out. *deep breath* I wasn’t prepared for this, even though I knew it was coming. But he is settling in and doing great so that is excellent.
And yeah! I released my Seeking Shelter series! I did that!
So, that as my August. Looking forward, here are my goals for the month of September:
- All September blog posts
- Write daily – making it a priority, doing it first thing in the morning before I move on to other tasks. This seems to be the strategy that works best for me, so I need to actually do it.
- Release Safeword Protected (will be announcing the specific release date very soon! Beyond excited about this. It’s like…Finally, Jarman, FINALLY! It’s a loooooooong time coming with this book.)
- Come up with a plan/schedule for other re-releases…and start implementing said plan.
- Keep up on house and self-care stuff.