This week Bron, Leigh, and I are writing about music. We are putting our ipods/mp3 players on shuffle and sharing the first 10 songs that pop up. I was quite happy with this (easy!) topic since this week is CRAZY busy.
So here we go…*shuffle* (Song – Artist – Album)
1. On the Rise – Neil Patrick Harris & Felicia Day – Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Soundtrack Um, nothing much to say here, but I love Dr. Horrible? And Felicia Day. And freaking NPH. The songs on this album are often belted out around chez Jarman. Not just by me.
2. White Blank Page – Mumford & Sons- Sigh No More Oh, Mumford & Sons. I adore them, I adore this album. This is one of my go to albums for pretty much anything…when I’m writing, when I’m cleaning, when I’m just lazing about.
3. Fucking Perfect – P!nk – Greatest Hits…So Far This song… I won’t lie; I like P!nk’s music. But this song… The video makes me cry. Every time. (It could be triggering some ppl. Specifically, it had images of self-harm, so don’t play if this is an issue for you. Just wanted to say that upfront). This song is also on my playlist for a project I just started working on. Fits my heroine and her journey perfectly, I think. So it’s getting a lot of play time.
4. Towers Fall Into the Sea – Clocks & Clouds – Life Beyond Reason Another go to album/artists for me. The cellist used to be my kids’ orchestra teacher. Clocks & Clouds is amazing. Wonderful writing music.
5. We R Who We R – Ke$ha – Cannibal Well apparently, if the artist has a symbol in their name they are on my list. Do not judge me people. This is a great song to work out to. And for funsies, enjoy this video…the song signed. It’s fabulous. 😀
6. The Mustard – Cast – Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling Soundtrack So this isn’t even really a full song, but yes, I have the Buffy musical soundtrack. And I like it. Not sorry. 😛
7. We Shall Never Surrender – Clocks & Clouds – Life Beyond Reason Huh, another Clocks & Clouds. Love this one too. 😀
8. Deee-Lite – Groove is in the Heart – The Very Best of Deee-Lite Oh man, I can feel the judgement already. Go ahead, I can take it.
9. The Lighthouse’s Tale – Nickel Creek – Nickel Creek One of my favorite songs. Love Nickel Creek and love Chris Thile on the mandolin…
10. Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s – All That We Needed Not much to say about this one. Like the song. LOL 🙂
And that’s it. First 10 songs on shuffle. Check out which songs Bron and Leigh came up with!