I know… It’s been a while. Things haven’t been so great in Jarman-world. Mostly health stuff hitting me one thing after another. The latest has been the joy of gallstones. But that’s gonna be taken care of tomorrow. Not looking forward to the surgery to get that danged gallbladder out, or the recovery, but to not have the pain I’ve been living with for weeks… Worth it.
Anyhow, I shared a pic of my dinner tonight and had a couple requests for the recipe. So I decided I’d share the yumminess on my poorly neglected blog. So here it is…
Balsamic and Garlic Steak and Peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb thinly sliced sirloin tip steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 c low-sodium beef broth
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in Dutch oven over med-high heat. Add beef, salt and pepper. Cook until brown–about 5-6 minutes-ish.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or two
- Remove meet from pan.
- Add the other 1 Tbsp oil, onion, peppers to pan. Cook about 5 minutes until veggies are tender. I cook a bit less because I don’t like my peppers too soft. Sometimes I’ll even add the onions in a minute or two before the peppers so they still have a bit of bite to them.
- Sprinkle flour over veggies and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add meat back to the pan along with vinegar and broth and stir. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
You can serve this over rice, over mashed potatoes, whatever you prefer. Tonight, we did garlic mashed red potatoes, and it was YUM.
I’ve also substituted a package or two of sliced mushrooms for the peppers, and it was super good too. 🙂