How we are at the end of February, I do not know. This month has FLOWN by ridiculously fast. So, here is my check-in… Starting with a look at what goals I made at the end of January.
- Daily writing. 100 words minimum – I did do this and am super proud of myself and very, very happy.
- Complete Stealing Time – Not quite, which is a shame, but I’ve made steady progress and will have it finished very soon, and it will release in March.
- All scheduled blog posts – OMG so, so close. I missed one! *sigh* Shame on me.
- Complete all day-job tasks before the 13th – Came close to this one, too. Ended up having to finish an edit on the 14th, but it was just a little bit to go, so I’m not kicking myself over that one.
- Continue making self-care a priority – Definitely have done this. And honestly, it’s the reason I closely missed some of the other goals by such a fine margin. I chose to listen to my body and do what was best, instead of pushing myself into a flare or sickness, which this girl does NOT need.
- Finish friends’ Christmas gifts before the 13th. LOL – Yeah, this was one I just removed from my goals list pretty early on. After a couple rough weeks, weatherwise, when EVERYONE was at home because it was too dangerous to go to school or work, I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to do this one. It’s cool, though; my friends are totally okay with getting Christmas pressies in June when I see them next. 😀
- Enjoy the time away from “real life” at the end of the month, so I can come home refreshed and ready to jump back into it – OMG, yes, yes, yes, to this one. Two weeks away was just what I needed to relax and enjoy myself and spend time with friends and write. I’m actually enjoying my last evening at Bronwyn’s as I type this. I’m sad to be leaving, but at the same time, I miss my family. I’m so excited to see them tomorrow night. And I do feel like this time has refreshed me and I can hit “real life” running…okay, at least a fast walk, anyway.
And those goals I didn’t quite make? I feel like I’ve evened that out with the extra things I accomplished this month. I’ve gotten all my books uploaded to Eden Books – in time for their opening, this week. Super excited about that. I helped Bronwyn get her computer organized. The first day I was here, I nearly had a stroke when I saw the state of her laptop desktop and her files. So, I ever so gently guided her, and now, her files are purged and organized. Her desktop is clean and uncluttered. It’s like heaven. (I may have been super dramatic and heavy-handed…but it was for her own good!!)
Looking forward to March:
- Write daily. I’m bumping my daily minimum from 100 to 250 words.
- Complete and publish Stealing Time.
- Work on co-writing holiday Bound story with Bronwyn.
- All scheduled blog posts.
- Re-release the five contemporary books I’ve gotten the rights back for.
- Be more active on social media.
- Continue to make self-care a priority.
And that’s it’s for me. Make sure you check out how Bronwyn did this month and what she’s aiming for in March.